Activision, publisher of the Guitar Hero franchise, has revealed ten new tracks that will be featured in the upcoming rhythm game Guitar Hero Live.
- Royal Blood – “Little Monster”
- Marilyn Manson – “Disposable Teens”
- Killswitch Engage – “In Due Time”
- Marmozets – “Move Shake Hide”
- Of Mice & Men – “Bones Exposed”
- Deftones – “Diamond Eyes”
- Vista Chino – “Sweet Remain”
- Bring Me The Horizon – “Shadow Moses”
- Mastodon – “High Road”
- Trivium – “Strife”
Along with the previously announced tracks, Activision plans on revealing new tracks on a weekly basis from now until the launch of the game later this year. Do any of the newly announced songs catch your attention? Let us know which ones you’re excited for or which ones you’re hoping will make it in down below!
Nintendo has provided some information on how you can be part of the Nintendo World Championships as revealed by Nintendo during it’s recent E3 announcement video (seen here).
To compete in this competition, head out to a participating Best Buy location on May 30th. Entrants will compete in the Championship mode featured in Ultimate NES Remix for the Nintendo 3DS and will attempt to achieve the highest possible score in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, and Dr. Mario. The winners of the qualifying rounds will then travel to E3 and face off against 15 other players for the title of Nintendo World Champion.
These are the locations of the eight participating Best Buy stores:
- 1717 Harrison St., San Francisco, CA
- 3675 Pacific Coast Highway, Torrance, CA
- 10760 NW 17th St., Miami, FL
- 900 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL
- 12905 Elm Creek Blvd. N, Maple Grove, MN
- 5001 Northern Blvd., Long Island City, NY
- 9378 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX
- 2214 S. 48th St., Tacoma, WA
If you’re near one of the Best Buy locations will you enter the qualifying rounds? Sound off below!
With only 30 days until E3, most of the major video game companies have announced a time slot for their press conferences. Expect to hear a plethora of new announcements for whats coming up in the game industry in the next couple of years.
The full schedule is as follows:
Bethesda – 7PM PDT/10PM EDT
Microsoft – 9:30 AM PDT/12:30 EDT
EA – 1PM PDT/4PM EDT
Ubisoft – 3PM PDT/6PM EDT
Sony – 6PM PDT/9PM EDT
Nintendo – 9AM PDT/12PM EDT
Square Enix – 10AM PDT/1PM EDT
AMD’s PC Gaming Show – 5PM PDT/ 8PM EDT
Are there any particular announcements you wish to see come out of these press conferences? Are you excited to see what Virtual Reality has in store for this fall? Let us know in the comments below!
Famed Castlevania developer Koji Igarashi plans to resurrect side-scrolling platforming for this generation of gamers. The dream game is Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and to bring the 2.5D “Igavania” action platformer to life, Igarashi-san is turning to fans. Details of the announced concept of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night have been posted for funding on Kickstarter, with a slew of amazing backing options to make Alucard jealous.
Here are some details on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, from Kickstarter:
- An exploration-focused, side-scrolling platformer featuring RPG and crafting elements.
- Koji Igarashi, the namesake of “Igavania”-style games, is leading the project, with Michiru Yamane composing the music and Inti Creates leading the development.
- If funded, the game will be developed for XBOX One, Playstation 4, and PC. For the first time on Kickstarter, backers will have the option to receive actual PS4 / XB1 / PC retail discs.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was just posted yesterday at a $500,000 funding goal – just a day later the goal has been surpassed by nearly one million dollars. So you can bet that the game will happen. Although the goal was swiftly met, various tiers of backing only ensure further features will be added. This proves gothic 2.5d Igavania gaming is very much undead!
Back Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night now and see more here details here on kickstarter.com.
Once inspired by the mouse, Nintendo is now taking Mario and its iconic characters to Universal Parks & Resorts. Today Nintendo and Universal Parks & Resorts announced they have partnered to create “spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.” No specifics on what kind of Nintendo game worlds you will be warped into, but you can only imagine the possibilities with the colorful, pipe-laden worlds of Super Mario or the fantasy lands and characters of Zelda.
From the announcement:
“The immersive experiences will include major attractions at Universal’s theme parks and will feature Nintendo’s most famous characters and games. More details will be announced in the future, as the Nintendo and Universal creative teams work to create specific concepts.”
Keep a lookout for more details from Nintendo and keep dreaming, Kirby!