The latest fad that is sweeping the Twitch-verse is no longer crowd controlled playthroughs of Pokemon games. Fish Plays Pokemon is a new Twitch channel that allows you to watch Grayson Hopper, the fish, swim around his tank and activate motion sensed inputs.Those inputs are directed to Pokemon Red in hopes to completing the game and becoming a Pokemon Champion.
As of writing this article, Grayson had acquired his first Pokemon, a charmander named AAAABBK and defeated his rival in Oak’s lab.
Check out the stream here!
Nintendo has announced a plethora of announcements regarding some Mario Kart 8 content scheduled to release near the end of the month.
It appears that Mercedes-Benz has teamed up with Nintendo to release three free downloadable vehicles; a first for the Mario Kart series. The cars which will be available are the Mercedes-Benz GLA, the 1930′s Silver Arrow, and the 1950′s 300 SL Roadster. These three luxury cars will utilize the customization features of Mario Kart 8, meaning you can change the tires and gliders from the many you may have unlocked during gameplay.
Nintendo also has plans to release an update to Mario Kart 8 which is also supposed to change some minor issues. The changes, straight from the press release, are as follows:
- Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
- The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”.
- The game will remember the most recent kart options that were selected, even if the Wii U system was powered down.
- Users will be able to change options of other players’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to different characters or actions.
- A score screen will be added so players can see how many coins they’ve collected, the win-loss record of their online battles and their frequently used characters.
- Improved the stability of the online connection to enhance user experience during online battles.
Nintendo plans to release all of this new content on August 27th, marking the 22nd anniversary for Super Mario Kart, the first game released in the series. To help celebrate this anniversary, Super Mario Kart is available via the Nintendo eShop on WiiU for $7.99 starting today.
On August 4th Nintendo streamed another Nintendo Direct video, this time featuring the Zelda x Dynasty Warriors game, Hyrule Warriors.
A lot of new information was revealed about this highly anticipated title, including an adventure mode, costumes for playable characters, and for the first time ever in a Zelda game, the ability to play as Ganondorf. Here is the breakdown of what was announced:
- Adventure Mode: Players are faced with a grid of challenges that looks like the map from The Legend of Zelda on NES. Completing each challenge unlocks a new region of the map, and with it, a new level of Adventure Mode. Certain characters and weapons can only be unlocked in Adventure Mode.
- Costumes: Club Nintendo members who buy and register Hyrule Warriors within four weeks of launch will receive a set of alternate Ganondorf costumes as free in-game downloadable content. Pre-orders made at GameStop will give players the Ocarina of Time costume pack for Link and Zelda whereas pre-ordering from Amazon will give players the Twilight Princess themed costume pack.
- Playable Characters: In addition to Ganondorf, players can opt to play as various characters from The Legend of Zelda universe. Each character carries his or her own specialty weapons: Link (Hylian Sword), Princess Zelda (Rapier), Impa (Giant Blade), Midna (Shackle), Sheik (Harp), Agitha (Parasol), Darunia (Hammer), Princess Ruto (Zora Scale), Zant (Scimitar), Fi (Goddess Blade), Ghirahim (Demon Blade) and Lana (Book of Sorcery).
- Weapons: A Chain Chomp will make a guest appearance as a weapon. As the story advances, new weapons will become available to some characters, such as the Magic Rod for Link, the Baton for Zelda and Spear for Lana. Weapons have special abilities called Skills that increase attack damage, or perhaps increase the chance of finding Hearts. Filling the Focus Spirit magic gauge will temporarily increase a character’s abilities and help to mow down huge numbers of enemies. And Bombchus are back, just bigger and more explosive.
- Game Play: Players can level their characters up to increase HP and attack skill, or they can grab materials dropped by defeated monsters to craft Badges to increase a weapon’s number of attacks, create longer combos or extend Focus Spirit time.
- Co-Op Mode: Two players can play a local co-op match, with one player looking at the TV and the other looking at the Wii U GamePad controller. Single players can also play on the TV, or using only the GamePad in off-TV play.
- Locations: Players will face down hordes of enemies in familiar locations, such as Skyloft from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Lake Hylia from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Twilight Field from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
- Classic Zelda Elements: Players will recognize items from their favourite Zelda games, including bombs, arrows and a Hookshot. The game is filled with familiar Zelda staples, such as Cuccos, Rupees, Gold Skulltulas and plenty of grass cutting.
Hyrule Warriors will be launching on September 26th later this year. Will you be picking it up?
With Hyrule Warriors rapidly approaching it’s release date, Nintendo has announced that a Nintendo Direct will air on the weekend to detail more information regarding the full games release.
Anyone wishing to view the live stream can do so by visiting Nintendo.com or the official YouTube channel on Monday, August 4th which starts at 8PM PST. We are expected to see new playable characters announced for the game with some possible announcements regarding the games story and gameplay.
The game itself is developed by Tecmo Koei Games, who is also responsible for developing the Dynasty Warriors Series. The game combines the fast-paced action brawling style of Dynasty Warriors with the characters and story elements from the Legend of Zelda Series.
Hyrule Warriors is set to launch on September 26th, 2014 exclusively for WiiU.
Last week, Nintendo teased information regarding a new character announcement for their upcoming game Super Smash Bros for WiiU and 3DS. Today, Nintendo has revealed that, Lucina and Robin from Fire emblem and Captain Falcon from F-Zero will be making their way to Super Smash Bros.
Lucina is a swordfighter similar to Marth and Ike, who have already been confirmed for Smash Bros while Robin acts as a spellcaster who uses spells to overtake the battlefield. All of these characters were characters found inside the newest installment of the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem: Awakening for 3DS. Is is worth noting that Chrom also made an appearance in the stream (Which you can view below) but has since been confirmed only to make an appearance in Robin’s final smash attack.
Lucina, Robin and Captain Falcon join the plethora of characters already announced such as Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man. For a full list of announced characters, head over to SmashBros.com.