Nintendo lands in select malls through December 20th to bring wishful gamers, and parents, an easy and fun way to experience its key holiday video game titles. A variety of Nintendo Wii U and 3DS gaming stations gives players hands-on preview experiences of games such as Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Yo-Kai Watch, The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes and more.
Nintendo Gurus give gamers Mario Maker hats, as pictured above, and are guided through Nintendo’s diverse and fun holiday lineup. It’s a great way for parents and friends to learn more about the fun Nintendo game gift giving brings – from the co-op team building The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes and taste of creativity and game development in Super Mario Maker.
My Nintendo Guru took me through cuteness overload in Yoshi’s Woolly World – an amazingly colorful platforming game. Visitors can ask to see how Nintendo’s Amiibo interact with the games – as demonstrated to me when a Nintendo Guru took out a Mario Amiibo and brought it alive in a character outfit in Yoshi’s Woolly World. There are quite a few Amiibo on display throughout Nintendo’s kiosks as well.
The star highlights of this year’s Nintendo holiday experience includes Super Mario Maker and Splatoon, which are showcased on large, multiple flatscreen TV walls. No doubt these will be among Nintendo’s biggest hits for the Wii U this holiday season.
Experience the platforming action, edit and create levels, or download sample levels for Super Mario Maker. You can easily jump into an all-ages Splatoon splat-fest in this multi-screen setup (wow, can I get one of those for home?):
A gift guide is available from Nintendo at the booth. That makes it easy for gamers to drop a hint to parents or friends, or just to digest all of what Nintendo is offering for its Wii U and 3DS for gift giving. Check out at least four games to claim a Yo-Kai Watch prize too!
This portion of the Nintendo display allows you to see some of the latest on-going deals, which are updated throughout the time of the display. Several Nintendo bundles are highlighted and there are a few of Nintendo’s Amiibo collection on display as well.
Where can you experience Nintendo’s holiday lineup? Below is the list of participating mall locations where you can find Nintendo showcasing its games:
- South Shore Plaza in Braintree, Massachusetts
- Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois
- Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, Texas
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center in Denver, Colorado
- Memorial City Mall in Houston, Texas
- The Oaks in Thousand Oaks, California
- Dolphin Mall in Miami, Florida
- Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota
- Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, Georgia
- Queens Center Mall in Elmhurst, New York
- King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
- Scottsdale Fashion Square in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Washington Square in Portland, Oregon
- Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, California
- Westfield Southcenter in Seattle, Washington
- Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia
Make sure to check it out and enjoy through December 20th!